Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me Monday



Let's give this a try again...

I did not enjoy an afternoon of playing with puzzles with my sweet little Xander. He put one after another together, but not with any help from Mommy! I was not amazed at how well he was playing that day, taking out ducks, dinosaurs, puzzles, and putting them all back when he was done. Nope, not me!

I did not attempt to satisfy my sweet tooth/munching habit by making a yummy trail mix of M&Ms, peanut butter M&Ms, raisins, cashews, sunflower seeds and peanuts. And I did not almost finish the entire container of trail mix in about a week. I did not go overboard with it, and I didn't allow my healthy snack to backfire! Nope, not me!

I was not jumping up and down clapping when I found out that Kris Allen made it into the finals of American Idol. He's such a cutie-patootie, and man, can he sing. I also did not jump on the chance when a coworker wanted to switch shifts with me, making it so I could be at home on Wednesday for the finale. Unfortunately, he can't work in jewelry, which is where I'm scheduled. Bummer, let's hope the VCR (and Mo's VCR and Mom's DVR work that night). Nope, not me!

I did not return from a walk with the neighbor, take a shower and sit on the porch in my jammies talking to our senior-in-high-school neighbor and doing cross-stitch while Mark spread turf builder, weeded the gardens and trimmed many bushes around the yard. Nope, not me!

And finally, when I had to take my car in for service and an oil change, I did not call my wonderful sister and beg (practically) her to come to stay with the boys so I could have an hour or so of peace and quiet. (And I wasn't excited to come back home to see them after said hour of piece and quiet) Nope, not me!

1 comment:

  1. You have a great blog...I enjoyed my visit. Stop by and visit me when you have some time and read about our latest Disney adventures....Grandparent trips are the BEST...and every comment enters you for the May giveaway.

    ReplyDelete