Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. (And I got it from Kate!)

So let's start with Mother's Day...I did not tell everyone at work that I didn't think Mark had done anything for me. He told me Saturday that he hadn't had time to do anything, but I had worked four nights last week, so I didn't think that was a good excuse. I also did not wake up sad and unappreciated on Sunday morning, dragging myself out of bed to fix Xander breakfast, when lots of other mothers (that I certainly wasn't jealous of) got breakfast brought to them in bed. And there is no possible way that I was kicking myself for being so selfish and crying at the same time when I came home to find my wonderful husband had cleaned (and even mopped) the kitchen and had beautiful tulips waiting for me on the kitchen counter. Nope, not me!

Mother's Day dinner was at Lone Star with Mark's mom. After a very good meal of ribs and mashed potatoes, I did not indulge in the free dessert of cheesecake, drizzled with strawberries. This cheesecake was like a tower of delectable goodness, begging me to dig in. Of course, I didn't share little bites with Xander, either. Nope, not me!

It wasn't me that forgot to put Mark's slimfast shakes in the refrigerator after I had the last one for breakfast on Sunday. And I didn't panic when I realized it this morning and make him breakfast...bacon, egg and cheese bagel. I didn't make one for myself either. After dinner, I didn't use the strawberries to make strawberry milkshakes for myself and Zack. I had to save the strawberries from going bad, right? At Tae Kwon Do, I did not beam with pride as Zack got a second stripe on his yellow belt. And, despite my new walking buddy being sick in bed all day, I did not strap the kids in the stroller and take off. Nope, not me!

PS--This Not Me Monday thing was a little harder than I thought it would me, but fun, too. I guess I just have to keep it in mind during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment