Monday, May 18, 2009

Appauling Selfishness

If you have known me for any length of time, you know that I am the youngest of 10 children in my family. My mother had me when she was 48. Now I, at the age of 30, have two small children and am living my life without my mother. I have sometimes been resentful of this, and yes, I know that sounds awful! But with parents being that age, I've always felt like I didn't get the same energy and involvement from them that others my age, and even my older brothers and sisters did. Maybe i'm wrong, but that's how I've felt....The reason I'm writing this is because I heard on GMA this morning about a woman who became a "fertility tourist" and travelled out of her country to have IVF...at the ripe old age of 66!! That's how old my parents were when I was graduating high school, and to put it in an even better perspective, that mother will be 85 when her child starts college! 85!! That mother (and many other mothers that have had children too old, including Joan Lunden) are just plaing selfish! They are not thinking of what their children will go through as they get older! Can you imagine having to take care of an elderly parent? What about taking care of an elderly parent while still in high school?? I'm just appauled, once again! (**Sorry if I offend anyone, but this is just something that I've lived through, and I feel very strongly about it.**)

No comments:

Post a Comment