Wednesday, July 29, 2009

More of Xander's Birthday Celebration

Okay, this is going to be a long post with lots of pictures, so be patient. We went to Chick-Fil-A for Xander's birthday dinner, simply because he won't eat much more than hot dogs and chicken nuggets. Gramma ate with us and brought an Elmo Happy Birthday balloon with her. She also got him a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD (which he had just gotten into) and Disney Pixar Short Films DVD (which is perfect because they can watch 15 minutes of it here and there and be satisfied). The boys got to play for a little while, then we went home. (more about the party below)

Gramma also got Zack a new Transformer!


That's our big boy!!

******************************************
On Saturday, we had a birthday pool party for Xander at Gramma's house! We got to play in the pool (and have LOTS of fun fighting with splash balls and a water gun) for about an hour, then it started raining and thundering. Mark and Steve cooked hot dogs on the grill, and I had made wonderful (if I do say so myself) and colorful fruit salad, too. It had watermelon, kiwi, strawberries, canteloupe and blueberries, and I made a dip with cream cheese, whipped cream and marshmallow fluff that equally yummy! We stayed inside to eat and open presents while it poured down rain outside, then enjoyed cake and ice cream! When I asked Xander if he had a fun party, he said "yes!" Thanks to everybody that joined us and for Xander's wonderful presents!!
Alannah and Xander in the pool (She doesn't really like her picture being taken, but I think I got a good shot)

Opening presents...An Elmo Look and Find book from Aunt Caroline and Uncle Keith

Yup, that's Xander! And that's why I got him that shirt!!


Xander loved his elephant safari shirt from Aunt Mo, and it fit with the theme of the party!

Here's the wiggle, stretchy lion thing that came from Jessianne. I missed the exact moment it came out of the bag, but I noticed him back away quickly. He hates those things! He warmed up to it a little bit by morning, but then it got broken so we had to throw it away.

Jessianne also got him a tropical shirt and another Elmo book.

Opening the gift from Aunt Eileen, Alannah, Alyssa, Damien and Christopher--a couple of books, some monkey plates and Diego sand molds.

Here's the cake! And no, I did not make it myself (first time since Zack's first birthday that I haven't made the cake at home). I give credit for the idea to Aunt Mo, who also found the animal stickers and blew them up for me, but I can take credit for drawing the background for the animals. I give credit to Lowes Foods for the cake itself, which was quite yummy.

Everybody singing to Xander and Xander wondering what in the world is going on????

Blow out the candles, Xander! (with a little help from Daddy, of course)

Christina and Lanaysia got this dragon for him, and he was scared of it at first, this is him slowly warming up to it. "Nice al-gee."

Once he had control over its motions, he was fine with it. He likes to hold it up by the wings while the feet are moving and say "Al-gee walkin'!"

Hangin' with Gramma!

More pool time...here's Alyssa


Mark with Damien

And lastly, I couldn't leave out a little video I took. You could call it splish-splash, or you could call it sisterly love. You decide...

Thanks to Gramma, Aunt Mo, Stacy, Aunt Caroline, Uncle D, Jessianne, Aunt Eileen, Alannah, Alyssa, Damien, Christopher, Andrea, Steve (and kids C, D, K and P), Vanessa, Christina, and Lanaysia for joining us! We all had a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment