Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Favorite Things

Some all-time favorite movies of mine...

Where the Heart Is -- This was the movie that Mark and I went to see on our first date, his choice. It's sad at times, but overall a feel good movie.

Wall-E -- I guess this is my kids' favorite, but I really like the idea behind it. It makes you think about the impact that you leave on the Earth. Plus Wall-E is just so darn cute!

Titanic -- Yes, I know, the ship sinks, but it's still a great story that is told and portrayed very well.


Star Wars -- Any of them, but mostly the original trilogy. This was a big thing with my high school youth group, seeing the parallel between the movie and our journey with Christ.


Sleeping Beauty -- I guess I'm really a romantic at heart! I love it when the fairies are changing her dress color back and forth while they are dancing at the end of the movie.


The Princess Bride -- This is the one that I could absolutely watch over and over and recite just about every single word! Except I fast-forward through the R.O.U.S. fight--it creeps me out.


Pretty Woman -- Another movie that I could probably recite word for word. I remember watching this movie for the first time with Lisa and wondering what in the world was going on, but reciting the lines along with her. "Oh-yo, Oh-yo, catch this!"


Fool's Gold -- Mark and I actually saw this movie on it's opening night, so it's a new favorite. It has a little bit for everyone -- action, comedy, mystery, romance. And, well, Matthew McConaughey--that's enough to make me love it!!
Thanks, Kate, this was fun. Keep 'em coming!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I definately should have put Pretty Woman on my list. Thanks for playing! Hope things are going well for you and your fam!

    ReplyDelete