Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. Here's a quote to better explain it: "Not Me! Monday was born out of my desire to admit some of my imperfections and reveal a few moments I'd rather forget." ~MckMama


So on Friday night when I went grocery shopping (since I had to work early on Saturday), I did not stop at a certain fast food place and order an M&M McFlurry. I didn't enjoy spoonful after creamy spoonful on the way home, either, even while driving. When I got home, I didn't object to the neighbor kids helping me bring the grocery bags into the house. And despite needing sleep desperately, I did not stay up and watch a semi-stupid/semi-sweet movie with my honey until past our bedtime. Nope, not me!

While we were shopping at Target (actually, Zack was shopping using his birthday money), I did not indulge in good deals, not at all. I didn't pick up an activity/coloring book for each of the boys, a word find book for me, and two (more) bags of animal crackers. Who could pass up 75% dollar section stuff? I did, that's for sure.

Even though I'd been craving it for a while, I didn't drive across the street on my 15 minute break and pick up Zaxby's (teriyaki chicken wings and traditional chicken fingers--YUM!) for dinner (while my husband attempted and partially failed to make bisquick deep dish pizza at home). And upon returning to the store, 13 minutes into my 15 minute break, I didn't sit down and eat three wings, several fries and one chicken finger, before the boss had to call me back to my department. When she told me at the end of the night to close up jewelry and fold in girls' clothes, I didn't walk back and have another couple of fries, before they got too cold. Oh yeah, when I found the last bite of a granola bar on the shelf while I was folding those shirts, I didn't leave it there for the next person to find. I also didn't finish my Zaxby's meal when I got home at 9:30 last night. Nope, not me!

And of course, finally, I didn't leave all the dishes in kitchen that were there from the weekend (He wants to leave the dishwasher empty so we can put dishes in, but yet, there they are, on the counter.). I didn't have to rerun the dryer because the clothes from Saturday weren't dry yet. I didn't have to rerun the washer because the towels and blankets and Zack's car seat cover were starting to smell yucky. I didn't unload all the unimportant clothes into a basket and fold only the shirts that Mark doesn't want to wrinkle and proceed to put them on top of the basket on top of our bed. Nope, NOT ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment