Friday, June 5, 2009

Let Me Hold You Longer

Here's a link that a friend posted on Facebook (I did, also). When I looked at it, I was not having a wonderful day. My day involved poop, messes and biting, and not from the almost-2-year-old. As I watched the video, I was reminded of all the blessings we get from our children, and tears were streaming down my face as I thought about the little boy that I had just cleaned up and sent to bed for "quiet time" in a way that was not so loving. I went in to snuggle with him in bed, and after a few minutes, a few, short, precious minutes, he said, "OK, Mommy, you can go now." I told him I wanted to hold him longer. Get your tissues ready, then hug your kids!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQeDfcvTRnA

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Christine! I loved this post, and I love catching up with you and your blog. I wish I was more into writing.

    ReplyDelete