Sunday, June 7, 2009

Gary Kirby Triathlon

Yesterday was the third time that Mark has done this race. The first year, I was 8 months pregnant and chose to sit in an air-conditioned house while a gigantic yard sale went on around me. Last year, we were in the middle of a heat wave and the temperature outside, even at 8:30 in the morning when Mark started, was around 90, and everybody with children were fighting to get into the shade. (We also had no AC at our house and were staying with Mark's mom because the temp had gotten to 96 inside our house!) This year was perfect!! It was cloudy, and one might say it was a little cool. Okay, it was a little cool, and I didn't envy Mark getting in and out of the pool. The boys were good for me, too; Xander didn't really run away and Zack didn't argue about stuff. They even got to play on the Bedford ("This playground is for the enjoyment of Bedford residents only.") playground. Oh yeah, and the best part of the day was when Mark shattered and crushed his time from last year--by about 11 minutes!! He really has improved by about 10% since last year, and I am so proud of him!! Here's some pics of the race...


Daddy's Biggest Fans

Pushing off the wall at 8:35:45

Mark said he likes the blur in this picture, because it makes him look fast!

Staying busy by playing with a centipede while waiting for Daddy to finish

The boys and I weren't where Mark was expecting us to be, so this is the first time (as he's coming in for the final stretch) that Mark actually saw us. He said he heard us other places, but couldn't find us. That's okay, we saw him!!

Playing after the race

I was a little worried about Xander on the merry-go-round because the big kids didn't seem to want to stop it. I told Xander to sit with Brother, and he did--he sat right there holding Zack's hand! It was too cute!!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to meet Mark at this Tri. It was my first and I had a great time. Sorry I missed the boys. Crongrats on the new PR!

    Doug

    ReplyDelete