Monday, June 15, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net">her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I just have one Not Me! Monday story to share...I think...

I did not complain of a headache and being tired on Tuesday night and flake on my neighbor who was going to go to the gym with me. We did not decide to bring the kids to Pajama Jammie Jam at the library, where we, incidentally, did not run into said neighbor, who wasn't given guilt about venturing out also after she didn't want to go to the gym anyway. Nope, not me!!

I did not allow my child to miss out on Tae Kwon Do class because I didn't know how to backwash the pool. We just really wanted to go swimming, but the skimmer wasn't getting anything off the surface of the water. I did not wait until Mark got there so he would be the one crawling under the screen porch, where the wasps and bees and spiders run rampant, to flip the switch on the pool pump. We also did not teach the boys how to play Marco Polo -- not, I didn't say boys, because Xander is much too little to be pulled around the pool with his floaty bathing suit and water wings on as whoever is holding him is chasing the others or running away from them. Nope, not me!!

Another gym flake...I didn't skip going to the gym because I had sweated so much at work on Thursday, it was going to be after 11pm before I got home and I didn't want Daddy to have to worry about the boys in the morning...only to come home and stay on the computer (Facebooking and blogging) until after 11pm. Nope, not me!!

And here's the big one...the one I thought was my only one...I did not join Stacy on a quick trip to Goodwill and Kohl's. She needed more red shirts for work. We did not spend nearly an hour in Kohl's, where I was not telling everyone that I saw that I was shopping WITHOUT children. We did not then visit Target and wander around for about an hour more, before Stacy bought a pet brush and two small Ben & Jerry ice cream tubs. I did not then feel guilty when I called home to tell Mark I was coming home and he told me that the boys had already eaten (if you can call the amount of sandwich that Xander chose to eat eating) grilled cheese sandwiches and that he was having a leftover sausage biscuit and chips...for dinner. And last night when it was very close to 10pm (the time Mark wants to go to bed) I didn't start another episode of CSI: Miami on DVD without asking him first, and we didn't end up staying up even later after we watched it to read our books in bed. Nope, not me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment