Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Got to sleep in a little, had to clean up some more, saw brothers pull in the driveway at 10:15, went to play disc golf at noon, put some very sleepy boys down for a nap after playing (had to do 2-second videos because I couldn't use the camera flash),

enjoyed a very scrumptious layout of turkey (smoked, oh it was such a pretty looking thing!), ham, sweet potatoes (two kinds, with and without nuts), mashed potatoes and gravy, scalloped potatoes (from scratch, Danny made them), stewed cinnamon apples, carrots, green bean casserole (also two kinds, with and without onions, though I didn't have either one), cranberry sauce, and fresh oven-browned rolls, cleaned up some more, ate dessert of pumpkin pie, apple pie, pumpkins cookies, ginger snaps, brownies and peanut butter fudge, discovered that Dad knows how to play poker, watched Zack kind of learn how to play, laughed my butt of watching Stacy and Erik read to the boys,
hung out with Stacy and Erik after everybody else left.

Friday~shopped in the morning (though not crazy early), tried to take a nap, was grumpy about the boys not letting me take a nap, went to work (got change, cleaned up hangers, saw how messy the store was, ran the register, was not surprised that our store missed our credit goal by 50%), clocked out at 12:47am.

Don't really remember much of Saturday, but I rode the boys in the bike trailer to a playground in our neighborhood, lost it when Xander laughed at me when he was supposed to be taking a nap and I chased him back in his bedroom for the third time, went to work again only to find that I had to be in jewelry.

Sunday~Went to church as a whole family, was very pleased with how Xander behaved, was very much not pleased with how Zack behaved, enjoyed some peace and quiet while both boys took two hour naps (and I did some shopping), played at the park with Mark and the boys, had dinner with Gramma, went to work as Mark was putting Zack and Xander to bed, actually got to do my job (even though I didn't talk to a single customer) and see that the store was 10 times better than it had been 24 hours earlier.

Now, I guess I'm ready to get back to normal and get to decorating for Christmas...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! You should be proud of all you do! I can't wait to start decorating also!!

    ReplyDelete