Friday, November 13, 2009

A Couple of Cuties

Mark is now training for a marathon at Umstead Park in March. We went out last Sunday afternoon with the boys, and while Mark was running 6 miles, I took the boys hiking. I learned very quickly that I should have left the stroller in the car, but it was okay. We even did some rock hopping over the creek. I snapped this shot as the sun was starting to set, and the boys were walking up the hill in front of me.
On Thursday when Zack got done with dinner, he decided he wanted to make a birthday card for his friend Olivia. We've heard a lot about her since he started school! He loves to sit with her on the bus, and he told me this morning that he likes to put his arm around her, too. (I told him to be careful with that!) He wanted to put stickers on the card with hearts and flowers. On the inside (which I didn't get a good picture of), he wrote "I love you." He told me he didn't want to "say it with [his] mouth" at school, so he wrote it in the card. Oh, and how could Olivia resist that face??

I thought this was the cutest thing...that is, until Mark said something about Zack's heart getting broken! Then my heart broke just at the thought of that happening! I guess I'm a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment