Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Just once...

Just once, I'd like to be the first one to eat my ______ (insert any food or meal or snack here).

Just once, I'd like the dishwasher and laundry to do themselves.

Just once, I'd like for all three boys to sleep at the same time besides at night.

Just once, I'd like for somebody to go to time out with whining, screaming, sitting on their heads or stomping their feet at me.

Just once, I'd like to get through a day when nobody pushes, hits, bites, pinches, climbs on top of or otherwise irritates their brother. Or call the other one a meanie.

Just once, I'd like little boys to clean up their toys, books, plates, socks, underwear, etc. without dragging their feet and having to be told a million times.

Just once, I'd like somebody to remember that there are some rules that have been in place for three years, at least.

Just once, I'd like to eat a whole chocolate cake or ice cream sundae or milkshake and not have ANY of the calories, fat or sugars count.

Just once, I'd like to sit at home, blog, read, watch tv while someone else brings children to swimming lessons (where I have been sweating like crazy!), goes to Wal-mart, goes to storytime, goes to the grocery store, plans meals.

Just once, though, I'd like to remember that they are only this way once, that they will grow out of it, and that someday, they may have children that drive them crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment