Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Alphabet Adventures

They're starting again. Last year's got overrun by morning sickness and lack of energy. But I have two things in mind: A for ancestors and B for bees. More on those later...
Speaking of bees, do you remember how much a bee sting hurts??? Zack got stung by a wasp on Sunday after church, and he screamed his head off for five minutes. I didn't think it could be that bad, really. But yesterday afternoon, I reached for Xander's rescue pack and got stung. Yup, right here in the house. I managed to smack it and smack it and smack it. Then it was still wiggling, so I smacked it again. Anyway, that bee sting HURT!!!! I mean, to the point that I was screaming, too. Poor Xander didn't know what to think. But now I know how Zack felt on Sunday, and now I remember how badly stings hurt and why kids are afraid of bees.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! I got stung by a bee or two last summer (or the year before) and it was a basic bee (not wasp or hornet or anything) and it hurt like the dickens!! And he could be more sensitive to them. Guess you need it to be more empathatic????? not really :)

    ReplyDelete