Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Alphabet Adventures 2011: B

B is for baby and bath!
Maybe not. This is what I found when I went to pick him up to shower him.
B is for BEES!!! The boys and I went over to Kim's house and Nate joined us with this little adventure. First we made the bee puppets. Then we read a book about bees. And for a short time, while I still had their attention, we made the bees go from a flower to the hive. We also looked around the house for things that started with B.
Zack's was anatomically correct, based on the Weekly Reader he was using. Except the googly eyes, of course.
B is for BLUEBERRIES, brothers and buddies! The day after the bee adventure, Kim and I took all four boys blueberry picking at Vollmer Farms. This is what over one hundred pounds of kid looks like in one wagon.
They told us not to pick the "red-back" berries, but with my children being color-blind, we had lots of very red ones!
All Nate wanted to do was pick the berries and eat them.
Nate and Kim
Eli decided he was done blueberry picking, so Nate and Xander and I took him to pick a few strawberries. That didn't last too long either. The boys ate berries on the way back. I kept hearing "That's my basket!" from them in the wagon.
They had a nice little playground with a pirate ship. And some monkey rings for my crazy monkey to swing from.
Nate carefully walking the plank off the pirate ship

This is our loot of strawberries. When we got back to the market, I realized that every single berry had a bite taken out of it!
Eli with a full tummy of milk, hanging in the Adirondack chair.
Zack and I enjoyed the blueberries for a couple days, shared some with Gramma, and froze some too. We're going to use those to make blueberry cheesecake -- YUM!!
I have pictures for D and kinda-sorta E, but we're going to work on C tomorrow, since we finally got the toilet in the boys bathroom installed (let me tell you, that's a whole 'nother blog!!).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Let's get together for another letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! What blueberry farm did you go to? I've wanted to find one in the area for so long. There's one in Selma, but that's pretty far. Although, they also have a bee farm there!

    ReplyDelete