Friday, June 10, 2011

Alphabet Adventures 2011: A

A is for...ancestors and Xander's Awesome Family. I got a collage picture made at Walmart (less than $5) with pictures of each of our family members outside of our house. After I cut them out, I picked them up one by one and asked Xander if he knew who each person was. He knew more than I expected! Then we sorted them by their relation to him. We put our little family in the middle of two generations, and we have a place for great-grandparents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. For some of the pictures, we talked about the person. We tried to make family connections with them, but that's still hard for him to understand. He was really excited to share his Awesome Family with everybody that would listen, and I think it helps seeing the people all sorted out. I haven't done anything with Zack yet since he's still in school. Maybe next week, but here's Xander's Awesome Family!
Coming up... b is for bees, c is for clubhouse, d is for Daddy and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment