Thursday, September 23, 2010

Summer Alphabet Adventures: F

F is for...Fayetteville and First Day of School!!

A little bit of a stretch, but we'll go with it. Fayetteville...My dear friend Susan lives just outside of Fayetteville and has a beautiful two-year-old daughter named Alison. We had so much fun going down there and visiting with her for her second birthday party. She did a farm theme, complete with barnyard cake, fondant animals, chicken feed, pigs in blankets, veggies from sheep's garden and haystacks. I really wish I had brought my camera with me, but no such luck. Zack had a fantastic time playing with Alison, and we determined that day that Zack NEEDS a little sister. The boys were both playing with her new baby stroller, and Zack even pushed her in the swing. Yes, Zack and Xander need a little sister!

Okay, first day of school. Technically it happened two days before Alison's party, but we'll get over it. Zack started second grade this year after spending half a year in kindergarten and half a year in first grade. I thought he might be nervous and want me to walk him in, but my brave little smartypants just wanted to get dropped off in carpool. We were a little worried because of his maturity level and his size, but we knew it was the best thing for Zack. Now, almost a month later, I have no regrets. He's doing really well!! He knows most of his spelling words the night he brings them home, he's excited about doing science experiments in class and he's learning great strategies for solving math problems. He needs to focus better when he's doing homework, but we'll figure out a solution for that soon enough. I don't have a picture from the first day of school, but picture day is coming up in the next few weeks at his school.

Okay, now what starts with G??? or H or I???

No comments:

Post a Comment