Thursday, September 23, 2010

A New Post!!!

I just looked at my list of blogs and realized it's almost been a month since I posted anything! I'm going to post some picture blogs soon, including some more Alphabet Adventures, which will probably be out of order. But us in the past month...

I'm still sort of dealing with nausea. For whatever reason, I feel bad right after I eat. I'm trying to stay hydrated but doing a terrible job of it. I'm still completely EXHAUSTED!! I've come to realize that it's because I'm constantly chasing or fussing or cleaning up after the other two. I haven't felt any baby movement, but I'm pretty sure I'm already have Braxton-Hicks contractions. I have a few regular clothes that I can wear, but I'm mostly into maternity clothes now. I just went to the Kids Everywear consignment sale last week and got three pairs of pants and nine tops for only $28!! I had to get these because we had decided not to have any more kids, and I took lots of my stuff (you know, basic stuff, khaki pants, khaki capris, plain-colored shirts) to Catholic Parish Outreach. BIG MISTAKE!!! But now I am set for the rest of the pregnancy...hopefully. Oh here's the big thing, even though I'm wearing maternity clothes and I'm at 17 weeks (today!), I haven't gained a SINGLE POUND!!!!!!! Okay, I've fluctuated a bit, but I'm basically at the same weight I was when I found out. I'm overweight to begin with, so I guess it's for the best. Hopefully that puts me on track to gain right around 20 pounds, maybe 25. I'm not putting up a belly picture, because I really feel like I look more fat than pregnant, even though customers are already asking when I'm due when I'm at work. I bet they think I'm going to say I'm due in December or something, but no, it's March, which actually is only a little more than five months away! I read a book called The Doula Guide to Birth (yes, already), and I've mostly decided that I want to be a doula...someday anyway. I love all things baby and pregnancy, I love that I was able to get through an induced labor with no drugs, I love hearing birth stories, and I love helping new moms. This would have to be once my three (wow, my three!) are a bit older, since the schedule for a doula must be very flexible.

Okay, I guess that post was pretty much just about me and the baby. I'll mention everyone else in the house in the next few posts...stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed with the doula decision! I think that you would be great at it. And way to go on the no weight gain!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete