Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Swimming Lessons, Part Deux

This week, swimming lessons were much better than last time, except for the part where I had to chase Xander to keep him from jumping in every day. We did stay after lessons one day to have some play time with Nisseem and his mom. Zack actually started his third round yesterday, and I'm amazed at his progress! At the beginning of the summer, he would not put his face in the water or go under and he relied on a floatie while in the pool. Now he can even dive down to get dive toys! And he does it without holding his nose, which I can't even do! He also can jump off the side, then come back up swimming. He still likes to use a noodle in Gramma's pool because he can't touch and can't tread water yet, but he's come leaps and bounds...er...kicks and strokes from where he was.

Last of swimming lessons for the week--he didn't want to jump off the diving board, just off the side.
Look, Joel can walk on water! Okay, not really, he just jumping in holding Zack.

Swimming Buddies: Nisseem, Zack and Sydney

1 comment:

  1. that's exciting about his progress. even though I was in the water when I was a baby, the hardest part for me was swimming where I couldn't touch. Maybe he'll be able to do swim team in a year or two.

    ReplyDelete