Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wii!!!!

So when I invited Dad and Cathy over for dinner, never in a million years would I have thought that our evening would turn out like it did. At first, Zack was running around, screaming like crazy, wanting to be the center of attention. Xander kept saying Papa, Papa, and trying to climb over the back of the couch.

At some point, Mark mentioned the Wii and the sports games we have. Dad said he might be interested in bowling, so we gave it a go. First we had to create their Miis (which you can see in the third picture below).


They got the hang of bowling pretty quickly. Dad was the first one to get a strike, and he ended up winning the game (see picture below). The players are Dad, Mark, Cathy and xfdhviroy (Zif-d-hiveroy--a random guy that Zack made up)

After that, we tried playing golf. Dad and Cathy were both getting frustrated with the controller and how it wasn't picking up their swings. I actually won that game with 2 under par (yes, I beat Mark, too!!). They both tried the shooting range (on Wii Play) and then they tried the cow racing game (I don't remember what it's actually called). Cathy thought it was the funniest thing, and I caught her face on camera. Note how serious Zack looks, too.

We also tried baseball a little, taking turns with the controller and batting and pitching. This picture is Dad pitching and Zack batting. Who would have ever thought that my dad and my son would be playing baseball together?!

And for that matter, who would have ever thought that MY DAD would be playing video games with us all night?! But we all had a great fun time together!!
Oh, and to my sisters who are reading this--do you ever remember Dad going bowling? Please leave your comments and tell me what you think about Dad playing vidoe games!

1 comment:

  1. yeah grandpa playing video games has never crossed my mind. i always remember when people would go bowling he never went. and yes i love how content zack looks in the picture with cathy, youcan tell he has to concentrate to try and win.

    ReplyDelete