Sunday, March 22, 2009

It melts my heart...

Xander has been saying Daddy very clearly for a few months now, and before that he would Dada all the time. He would see Daddy in the pictures in our bedroom and say Daddy, but I realized that he wasn't calling me anything, not even Mama. Until last week. I finally got him to say Mama when we were looking at a wedding picture of me and Mark. Then this morning, Zack and I had found seats at church, not really expecting Mark and Xander. I saw them walk in and when Xander saw me, he said, "Mommy! Mommy!" I didn't really think about it this morning, I guess I was caught up in getting settled in our seats waiting for Mass to start. But I just read someone else's blog and realized...that my little boy called me Mommy today! He is such a sweet, precious blessing in our family, and, even though this whole parenthood thing can be really hard, I can't wait to watch him continue to grow and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment