Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Phantom!

A while back, probably before Thanksgiving, Mark has told me that he wanted to take me to see Phantom of the Opera for Christmas but that it wasn't going to happen. She show ended on December 20 and the tickets were too expensive. So although I still really wanted to go, it was not meant to be.


So on December 6th, I came home from church to a package, wrapped in birthday paper, sitting inside the door. I could tell from the shape of it that it was a DVD. So...


Me: Honey, what's this?


Mark: It's a birthday present. (His birthday was December 9th)


Me: For who?


Mark: You. It's a month early.


Me: Who's it from?


Mark: Me. You can open it.


So I did. It was Phantom of the Opera, the movie, which I thought was a really sweet consolation. I turned it over, and there, taped to the back, what a piece of paper that read "This is not a ticket." Upon further observation...let me just preface this by saying that I cannot think of many other times that I have thrown my arms around my husband...I realized what it was, and I THREW my arms around my husband! (It was the internet receipt from the tickets that he had purchased.) I was crying and hugging him. I just couldn't believe it!


We had a babysitter and a back-up, but at the last minute, we had to arrange another one. We decided to meet Stacy at Manchester's, where Danny works, and that she would take the kids back to our house. Dinner was okay, but we enjoyed the time with Danny and Heidi (who also met us for dinner). The DPAC was really easy to find. The golf cart ride from the parking deck in 40 degree weather, however, was really cold!!


Anyway, we had seats in the 6th row, every time there was a pop or explosion both Mark and I jumped, the music was amazing, the main character darker than I expected. It was incredible! I have the most wonderful husband in the world!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, 6th row!! I'm so jealous! Way to go Mark!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet! And what wonderful seats! That must have been awesome!

    ReplyDelete