Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Mother of Boys

So now that I know I will be the mother of boys for the rest of my life, I have to figure out God's reason for it. I also just have to make the most of it. I may not get to buy cute little pink things with flowers and butterflies and ballet slippers. I may not ever get to play with a dollhouse, have a tea party, go to a ballet recital or help my daughter plan her wedding, but there are plenty of things that I will get to do or have in my life that mothers of just girls probably won't.

1. Not worry about them being dirty--they're boys!
2. Have matchbox cars and monster trucks lined up down the hallway
3. Dress them as their favorite superheroes for Halloween
4. Have people that will always kill spiders for me
5. Know the names of all superheroes, villians, transformers, Cars and GI Joes and be a super mom because of it
6. Watch them earn their Eagle Scout badge (if they make it that far)
7. Have Transformer fights and wrestling and tickling matches on the living room floor, with the coffee table moved out of the way, of course
8. Let my husband think that we will one day have a rock wall and zip line over out living room--yeah, he's crazy!
9. Not freak out when they fall down, or even if they are bleeding from the head. Been there, done that--head wounds bleed a lot!
10. Listen to his hopes and dreams as he grows up and falls in love and decides to propose to a girl
11. Have a daughter-in-law
12. Dance with my boys at their weddings--with Zack to "What a Wonderful World," with Xander to "My Wish," and I haven't figured out Eli's yet.
13. See my children become fathers, hope that they can do as well as their Daddy is doing.
14. Not have to worry when we are outside and they have to pee
15. Have boys that will always love me because I am their mother!!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Congratulations on little Eli! He will be blessed to be a part of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Christine! My neighbor found herself unexpectedly pregnant just before you announced (she's due in early Feb). She has a fourth grade aged boy and twin boys who are four. She cried at their ultrasound (sound familiar). All her friends blew up her facebook about having a girl and, she's having another boy. She was realistic that she knew it was a boy but still had her moments of sadness (she did cry but after she got out to the car this time!). She is now dealing with people telling her that they feel sorry for her (and she is sooo over it now!)not getting to have a daughter. I'm not sure why we do that to people. Another friend who only has two boys had people expect her to be devastated when she announced baby #2 was a boy and people expected me to be done after Joey was born. (I was in shock Shelby was a girl and didn't believe it till I changed her first diaper.) God has a special plan for all mothers and He truly gives you what you need. :) I am so thrilled with you having 3 beautiful healthy boys! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I told Gwen about Eli, she said "well, she gets to have 3 daughters in law!" And who knows, maybe you'll get a granddaughter one day. I hear those are way more fun anyway!
    I can't wait to meet this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read that having only boys in a family can be like a fraternity, the special bond brothers have can grow so strong! Check out http://blessedamongmen.blogspot.com/ for one mothers account of her life with 6 boys!
    I don't mean to pry or overstep, but was wondering why you know this will be your last?

    ReplyDelete