Monday, April 5, 2010

This Easter...

...treats were hidden in some odd places. Xander needed a little help finding this last one.

...Zack had to follow a map of our house to find his treats.

...the Easter Bunny only brought one box of candy and a chocolate bunny for each of the boys. They each got something to make or do, a coloring book and a movie.

...Xander was being grumpy because he wanted to watch his movie, but then he played with the remote and changed the input, so we put in Zack's movie instead.
...our breakfast came from Bojangles because we were too busy-scratch that (how do you do the cross-out thing?)-lazy and ran out of time to make something at home.


...we had two very handsome boys and were counting many blessings.
...we had some fun in the kitchen making a dessert for our Easter dinner with Grandpa, Nana Cathy and Gramma. I posted an extreme close-up of it last night, and here's the finished, complete product.

(It's pretzels and Cadbury mini eggs, by the way.)

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! I love it. how did you come up with that idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea for the format of the post came from MckMama. The idea for the cupcakes...somebody bought the edible Easter grass at work, and they mentioned the idea of making a nest with pretzels and putting a peep in the middle (I don't really like peeps, though). But I only have one cupcake pan, so I made the round cake instead. And the cross, well, it just came to me, I guess. I wanted to do purple flowers, but the eggs don't come in purple. I love coming up with unconventional, non-Wilton's ways to decorating cakes!

    ReplyDelete