Saturday, December 13, 2008

Emotional Drain

I didn't think I would use this as a sounding board, so please forgive for doing just that. Tonight was a busy night at Kohl's. I was working in the jewelry department, and it was the busiest I have seen it over there. There were three women, a mother and her twin daughters (who must have been at least 35 or so), that were in the store for about 3 hours!! They shopped for several pieces of jewelry, so I spent a good bit of time helping them. Just about the whole time they were they, the two daughters were fussing and arguing with they mother. As I was ringing them up, I was saddened by the whole thing, and I decided to say something to them. I told the mother, "They're taking you for granted. I don't have a mother to argue with anymore." She thanked me for realizing that, and wished they would, too.





The holidays are the hardest time for me. I miss my mom so much!! I do wish that she was here to see my boys and critique my parenting as I saw her do my sisters. I wish my boys could know what a wonderful person Mom was and how many lives she touched with her generous love. I know that holidays are stressful for all of us sometimes, but please be sure to show your love to those around you. Enjoy every blessed second you have with that person, and let them know how much you love them. You never know if this Christmas will be your last with them.



Mom and I on her last Christmas with us

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome memory to have. Mine are slightly different since I'm older, but just as memorable.
    Love ya, sis

    ReplyDelete