Saturday, July 9, 2011

Alphabet Adventures 2011: Letter E

E is for Elmer the Elephant! The boys and I love the book Elmer and its sequel(s). We've read it several times. Then as I was looking through my old teaching files, I came across an Elmer that could be colored! So I copied it for each of the boys. I was going to have Zack write a story about when Elmer met a chameleon, but school time hasn't been going as well as I would have hoped.
Eli in the Bumbo seat
Xander deciding if he's going to eat his lunch or not. I used elephant cookie cutters for the sandwiches and they have nuts as a side.
One of Zack's baby elephants
There's Elmer!! While we were coloring, I had the boys help me retell the story of Elmer. Elmer was a patchwork elephant who wanted to be elephant color. So he found some elephant color berries and made himself elephant color. But then, well, I won't spoil it for you, but Elmer made the best joke and every year they celebrate Elmer's Day with a big elephant parade.
Xander still pushes down really hard with his crayons. I keep trying to tell him that he doesn't have to push down hard. He just complains that coloring makes him tired. I probably colored just as many of his squares as he did.
Oh yeah, E is for excited,
ecstatic,
and eccentric little boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment