Saturday, July 3, 2010

New York City, part 1

After a twelve-hour ride to Brooklyn, we just relaxed the first day with a trip to a playground and a street fair near Uncle Mike's house. It was so hot, and we got sunburnt! We had Mexican that night, and Zack and I tried guacomole for the first time. Mark and I also had some really big margaritas!

On Monday, we took the subway (for the first time) to Central Park, where we wandered around for just a little while and found a big rock that was great for climbing. Then we visited the American Museum of Natural history.

Uncle Mike gave Zack his old camera, and Zack was just thrilled. He really enjoyed taking pictures!



Xander actually took this picture of me, not bad, huh? Well, the next three pictures drifted down progressively until he just got my feet.

The mama barosaurus

Xander was so excited about seeing the dinosaur bones, but he decided to count the holes in the heater vent.

A couple of not so great ones with the boys and dinosaur bones...


Xander was so sleepy, he fell asleep in the stroller. This actually happened most days...poor thing!

The fam with an elephant (and an elephant butt)
Still more to come...plus, watch for our Summer Alphabet Adventures!

2 comments:

  1. I feel bad that I'm just now reading this but what did you think about guacamole? I love it and have a really simple recipe for it if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was okay, and just the sushi, I wasn't jumping up and down about it, but I didn't spit it back out.

    ReplyDelete