Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Sunday

In a nutshell, Easter morning was great, afternoon was crazy, dinner didn't work, but the evening was pretty good. The boys had fun looking at all the stuff in their Easter baskets, and they looked very handsome in their shirts that Gramma bought for them. While they were napping after lunch, Mark and I had to clean up (I don't know why I can't just keep the house clean!). Eileen, Alannah, Alyssa, Damien and Christopher were also here during the afternoon, so the boys got to play with their cousins for a while. Dessert got started a little bit late, and then it had to have time to set in the fridge. Mark made sweet potato casserole, but used too much brown sugar on top. And then, silly me, I had no clue that the ham was not pre-cooked! I realized at almost 6:00 that it was going to take about 3 hours (or more) to cook it! So I ran out to KFC for chicken--thank goodness they were open! After dinner, Mark hid Easter eggs in the backyard for the boys to find.


"Wow, look at my chocolate Easter bunny!!"

Xander knew what to do-"out?"
Zack picked up his Easter book and started reading right away.
I read Xander's to him, and it's a good thing, too, because later on he tore the book apart. It's in the trash now. Our family on Easter, after church

See the egg on the ladder on the right? He was trying to find that one.

Zack also missed one by 'that much.'

No comments:

Post a Comment